Saturday, January 23, 2010

It works!


For Christmas I got this wonderful gift. It allows me to press a design with ink into paper, like old school letterpresses. However when my sister and I tried it out the first time, we had horrible results, the machine was broken. Exchanged the machine for a new one that did work, but then I had issues with the brayer...mine seemed uneven, I could not evenly ink my plates. I wrote the company explaining my situation and they kindly sent me a new brayer. So today I tried again, and the results were much better! I am so excited to make cards and other papery embellished things using the L Letterpress. However, I need to have a plan since it does take a bit to set it up and it is not easy to switch colors....so a little planning will go a long way.

No comments: